You’ve been in a car accident and are rightfully upset and in shock. What do you do?
Being involved in an accident is one of the most scary and nerve-wracking things that can happen to you.
It’s tough to understand the shock and disorientation that can occur – unless you’ve experienced it first hand.
The Law Badgers have developed a simple step-by-step process for you to follow to ensure you have preserved evidence, gotten the information you need to move forward, and ensuring you get the medical attention you deserve. Contact us if you have any questions. Below is the step-by-step checklist to help you in your time of need.
Scene of the Accident / Injury Checklist
- Check for injuries. If severe, call 911 Immediately. If able, move to next step.
- Do not make any statements regarding liability. Do not state you are not injured.
- Take Photos! Photos can make all the difference.
- Photograph every angle of your car and the car driven by person who caused the accident.
- Photograph the scene – including the street and signage nearby.
- Obtain Copies of Insurance Cards from other drivers. Photographs are fine.
- Collect Eyewitness Testimonies from the Accident.
- If Police are involved, obtain a copy of the Accident Report Form.
- If you have injuries, see a doctor at either an urgent care or an emergency room.
- CALL THE LAW BADGERS AT 1.833.DTF.IGHT (833.383.4448) OR VISIT US AT LAWBADGERS.COM
- DO NOT CALL ANY INSURANCE COMPANY OR MAKE ANY STATEMENT TO AN INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE.